We must have missed the “lazy days of summer” memo. Because between exciting client projects and onboarding quite a few new team members, the Ervin & Smith team has kept busy! Check out some highlights from the team:
1. “Our shuffleboard tournament has been a great break in the day and a fun way to connect with co-workers who we don’t always work with closely and learn more about them. Some are more competitive than others (You know who you are!), but we all know it’s the fun of the game, and it’s a fun way to enjoy each other’s company.” – Amy Arnold, Developer
2. “It’s pretty normal around here to walk into the kitchen and find homemade treats or garden-fresh veggies up for grabs. But when it’s Friday during our Summer BBQ Series, people bring their A-game. Last time someone brought a French silk pie from Village Inn, and it nearly brought me to tears.” – Anna McTygue, Account Executive
3. “The Ervin & Smith trivia team (yes, we have a trivia team) had a pretty good summer. You can find us up at the local pub every month enjoying some refreshments whilst showcasing our infinite pool of random, useless knowledge. We typically finish the night in the prize-winning top 3, but winning isn’t everything. (I’m joking. Yes, it is. We all REALLY enjoy beating our competition.)
“Trivia Tip: if you ever need to stack your trivia team with a bunch of ringers, look no further than a copywriter—they’re seemingly all amazing at trivia.” – Ryan Cruickshank, IT Director
4. “Unlimited vacation time AND a paid trip?!?! Awe, yeah!
“That’s right, at the quarterly all-agency meeting over the summer, leadership surprised the team with a new perk—paid travel vouchers! We now have a Slack channel dedicated to vacation planning, and we’ll be pinning our travel destinations on a map here at the office. – Crystal Mackling, Associate Creative Director
Spoiler Alert: Upcoming destinations already include Lake Nicaragua, British Columbia, Lake Michigan, San Diego and many more!
5. “Danelle and I had the privilege of attending this summer’s 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials here in Omaha. It was a great time to see our city take front and center and support our client Swim for Sight and spokesperson Missy Franklin in their effort to cure blindness worldwide!
“By the way: Lochte, we have some PR tips we’d be happy to send you.” – Megan Belt, PR Account Director
6. “If I were to pick an E&S theme song for the summer, it would be the classic tune by the Biebs…Baby, Baby, Baby, Oooohhhhh! Our office has been experiencing a baby boom, and we couldn’t be happier! Nothing brings this office to a halt like a new baby picture on Slack, followed closely by a happy hour. A special cheers to all the new E&S babies—and several who are on the way!” – Connie Brown, Executive Assistant
7. And speaking of theme songs, there was music enjoyed by all.
From Friday afternoon cubeland jam sessions to concerts by the Dixie Chicks, Beyoncé, Dave Matthews Band, Rick Springfield, The Fixx, The Romantics, Tallest Man on Earth, Dashboard Confessional, Old Dominion, Miranda Lambert, Brand New, Modest Mouse and …
Leon Bridges; Tyler, the Creator; Surfer Blood; Gary Clark Jr.; Black Pistol Fire; Hands Like Houses; The White Noise; Enter Shikari; and Laughing Falcon. (Those last few are all just the summer concert-going exploits of one Amanda Walla.)
That’s it for now! Stay tuned for more fun in the fall.