INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are different types of information that we collect on the Ervin & Smith website:
- Personal information: Through our contact forms and blog, we collect personal information that you provide to us. The information we keep in our system includes:
- Contact information: business name, first name, last name and email address.
- General comments and information: Our Web site offers a publicly accessible blog. If a user chooses to disclose personally identifiable information through this area, all information may be collected and viewable by others.
- Activity and technology information: We may collect information about members’ usage of our site, including what pages and areas you use on our site, your IP address, which web browser you use, and dates and times of your visits.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Some of the information we collect is given to us directly by users through our contact forms and Ervin & Smith social sites. We will also keep any information you provide to us when you contact us directly by email, phone or mail. In addition, information is automatically collected through technology on our Web site, including through the use of tracking technologies like cookies, anonymous identifiers, metadata, Web beacons and software tools.
As is true of most sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, requested page, operating system and date/time stamp. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site and to resolve errors. We link this automatically collected data to Personally Identifiable Information only for the purposes of investigating fraudulent use of our site.
Third-parties use local-shared objects on our site, also known as Flash cookies, to display content through the Flash player. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
USE OF INFORMATION
Information collected from users will be used to:
- Provide customized content.
- Provide you with Ervin & Smith products and services that you request and that we think will be of value to you.
- Improve our products and services.
- Send you offers and promotions from us, only if you opt in to our marketing programs.
ADDITIONAL USE OF INFORMATION
In addition to the above, we use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Web site and services, to develop new ones, and to protect Ervin & Smith and our users. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Ervin & Smith if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
At Ervin & Smith, we realize your personal information is extremely sensitive. We keep this information secure through reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
ACCESS AND CHOICE
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
If you wish to subscribe to our email marketing communications program, we will use your name and email address to send marketing emails to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
User information: If you request that we delete your contact information from our system, we will do so within 30 days of notice.