In your position.
The Creative Director at E&S is a big-picture thinker who works with company leaders, strategists and account managers to connect the creative strategy to the business strategy for all our clients. As the CD you’ll guide the conceptual and strategic direction of the work and set the creative direction for the creative team, which includes design, copy and public relations.
An experienced agency leader, you’ll be charged with managing the day-to-day operations of the creative services team as well as maintaining the highest possible standards for output of all branding and activations. Best of all, you’ll work for leaders who support you in your success and hold you accountable to the goals you set for yourself and your team.
This is a hybrid role in which candidates must be local and able to commute to our midtown Omaha office multiple times per week.
- 10+ years of experience in a creative marketing discipline (agency experience required)
- Portfolio that demonstrates great taste and expertise in a design or copy background
- Proficient in Mac, Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite (if applicable)
- Ability to lead projects and direct team members through established processes
- High-concept creative mind able to set the vision for the team and the work
- Passion for team member management and team building
- Ability to clearly communicate, build presentation decks and effectively sell the work
- Growth mindset, critical thinking skills and effective delegation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to coach and be coached to support an open, candid and collaborative environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented and creative environment
- Lead the creative department operations as a key member of the agency’s leadership team
- Work directly with the President of the company to set the creative point of view for the agency and guide the team through our next chapter
- Collaborate with peers and team members across the entire company to develop creative approaches that support the client’s business goals
- Manage and train creative team employees and provide guidance in each team member’s personal development plan
- Promote a collaborative and supportive environment that inspires your team to produce work beyond the ask
- Coach and mentor team members in a way that is personally motivating and validating to each individual person
- Develop new and strengthen existing processes that ensure efficiency and high-quality delivery every time
- Direct complex, large-scale branding and activations and work with Associate Creative Directors to execute the work to the high standards you set
- Build personal relationships with clients and partners that help you and the agency be seen as a credible, trusted advisor
- Assist with department financials including managing budgets and guiding department employees
- Assist with maintaining department legal compliance and mitigating legal risks
What we have to offer.
At Ervin & Smith, we provide something truly unique: a place to experiment and push yourself to new heights with the support of an executive team of experts who are accessible for hands-on coaching and mentorship. Our team members value relationships, collaboration, creativity and results above all else.
You’ll receive competitive pay and all the essentials, including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan with matching, life/supplemental insurance, and a flexible working environment and generous agency closures and time-off policies. You’ll also get training and ongoing professional development, as well as extra dollars for you to invest in your wellness and well-being.
Ervin & Smith embraces diversity and equal opportunity, and we are committed to equity and justice in our work and our community. We are determined to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills because we understand that’s where the best ideas come from.
To apply, please e-mail a link to your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Portfolio must be included to be considered for the position.