Leadership is not a position, but an action here at Ervin & Smith, and we’re honored others are taking notice.
Today the Greater Omaha Chamber announced the 2018 Business Excellence Award winners, recognizing Ervin & Smith with the leadership award.
“Great leaders inspire others to be great,” Ervin & Smith President and CEO Heidi Mausbach said. “Leadership is key to creating a healthy culture where employees are engaged, growing, and willing to do their best work for themselves, each other and our clients.”
The Ervin & Smith culture allows employees to thrive—feeling more fulfilled and engaged both at and outside of work. Our teams trust each other and are more efficient.
“Our leadership philosophy is not too terribly innovative, but it is incredibly effective,” Ervin & Smith Chief Marketing Officer Katie Kemerling said. “We do what we say we’re going to do, we support each other, and we value happiness and fulfillment. And our team is fiercely committed to cultivating leadership at all levels, no matter a person’s position within the agency.”
At Ervin & Smith, we’re redefining leadership and believe everyone has an opportunity to lead and play a vital role in our success. We work to grow leadership through:
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with managers to further professional goals
- Professional training and creative learning stipend to gain skills and inspiration
- Leading stretch projects for new clients and new lines of business
- Ongoing cross-functional team mentoring to maximize skill development
- Monthly meetings with a credentialed life coach and quarterly all-agency training sessions
- Leading all-agency lunch and learn presentations
- Participating in client pitch presentations and business strategy meetings
- Senior leadership development course with a certified business coach
“Cultivating leadership, personally or within our agency teams, is a true passion of mine,” Katie said. “So being recognized for excellence in leadership is one of the highest honors. The way we’ve decided to lead is aimed at reshaping business culture norms. We truly believe that our leadership actions and decisions allow our teams to thrive at work and outside of work. It’s all connected.”
Ervin & Smith will be recognized along with the other 2018 Business Excellence Award winners at a celebration on May 17, 2018, at the Embassy Suites La Vista.