As the use of social media rises and our attention spans shrink, video content has become more important than ever. And while written content will always be a key component of your overall marketing strategy, ask yourself: “What can video marketing do for my business?” And what traps do you need to avoid? Here are a few things to keep in mind.
The benefits of video marketing.
- It creates emotion. Blogs aren’t always the fastest way to make a big impression. Using video, companies can instantly draw an emotional response from viewers and keep their attention. There’s a 97 percent increase of intent to purchase when a consumer enjoys a video ad.
- It gets information across quickly. Even if your product or service isn’t super complicated, consider using video to generate interest and communicate the basics. Four times as many customers want to watch a video about a product rather than read about it.
- It may increase your conversion rates. At the end of the day, businesses are about selling. So you might be interested to learn that 72 percent of businesses that use video believe it’s improved their conversion rates. Plus, when customers like your video, they’re more likely to share it with friends and family.
- It adds an element of trust. Shady products and services still exist on the internet. So when your company produces a thoughtful, engaging video about your offerings that captivates your target audience, it builds trust with customers. In fact, 44 percent of customers agree that they purchase more products after viewing a related video. Now that we’ve gone through the benefits of video marketing, let’s talk about the pitfalls.
Video marketing pitfalls to avoid.
- Really long videos. It’s easy to get carried away with creating videos. Keep your videos short, point the viewer to your website, and let your copy tell the story from there. Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer videos under 60 seconds. Anything longer than that, and you many lose their interest.
- Bad quality. Today, almost everyone carries a smartphone in their pocket. But your iPhone won’t cut it when you’re making a professional video that represents your business. Hire freelance video professionals or bring video talent onto your marketing team so your video can be produced the right way.
- An a la carte experience. When videos aren’t part of a bigger strategic marketing plan, they can fall flat. Video marketing is no silver bullet. Help your team understand how branding, content marketing, website design and public relations are all small pieces of a larger puzzle.
Does your business need help with video production, explainer videos or social share videos? Learn how creative concepts and flawless production can help tell your brand story in a way that will generate clicks, likes and shares.