Omaha, Neb., [Nov. 17, 2014] – Ervin & Smith has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Advertising & Media by Advertising Age. The agency was among 40 companies from across the country selected based on survey criteria such as hiring practices, benefits packages, salaries, office perks and workplace environment and design.
“We couldn’t be more excited,” said Heidi Mausbach, president and CEO of Ervin & Smith. “I truly believe that when you take care of your employees, great things will happen for your business. We know we’re in a battle for top talent, and we’ve decided we’re going to win.”
Ervin & Smith employees are rewarded with growth opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits. In addition, the agency’s unique culture is supported by a wide variety of “perks” and programs designed to make the agency a great place to work, including:
- A time off policy that does not limit employees to a set number of vacation, sick or personal days
- A remote work environment that allows employees to work from home as needed or even full-time from cities across the country
- An annual Slush FUNd where each employee receives $100 to spend on something that will enhance the company culture
- The Culture Leader team, which is responsible for energizing others, developing training sessions on our core values and moving the culture forward
- Our recently redesigned office and workstations, expanded client conference room, and collaborative lounge areas
- A professional certified coach for monthly development sessions and a per-person training budget that is more than twice the average for the industry
- Regular company gatherings such as catered lunches, happy hours and celebrations of personal and professional milestones
- A monthly wellness stipend
- A pet-friendly work environment
“With hundreds of companies applying and going through the rigorous employer and employee survey process for the 2014 Ad Age Best Places to Work list, the competition was tough. The organizations that rose to the top are incredibly deserving,” said Natalie Zmuda, deputy managing editor at Advertising Age. “In today’s dynamic business environment, talent is a key differentiator. The leadership teams we’ve honored have perfected the art of recruiting, developing and retaining talent, setting their firms apart from others in the advertising and media world. And they’ve carefully, thoughtfully crafted a culture and a work environment that anyone would be lucky to be a part of.”
Ervin & Smith will be among those honored at an awards ceremony early next year.
About the survey
Submissions were evaluated by Advertising Age research partner Buck Consultants LLC. With nearly a century of experience in employee and human resource consulting, Buck crafted two surveys to help Advertising Age find the companies with the best benefits and most-engaged employees. The employer survey contained about 100 questions, including questions about pay, promotions, health care and other benefits and hiring practices. The employee survey contained about 50 questions. It measured aspects of the workplace environment that contribute to an engaged staff, including matters such as fairness of pay, vacation time, relationships with management and co-workers, career development and other workplace issues. Any agency, ad tech or media company with more than 40 full-time employees in the U.S. was eligible.
About Ervin & Smith
Ervin & Smith is a digital agency that keeps brands relevant and innovative. We provide digitally focused strategy and services that include: digital consulting, brand relevancy analysis, branding, social media marketing, content marketing, Web design, Web and mobile application development, SEO, public relations, integrated campaigns and more. Our award-winning agency has been named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Owned Businesses and voted one of Omaha’s Best Places to Work by our employees.
About Advertising Age
Advertising Age is recognized as the leading global source of news, analysis and intelligence for the marketing and media community. Advertising Age includes ongoing coverage of strategic topics for marketers from mid to large companies complemented by breaking news and a database of the world’s best creative. The 84-year-old publisher produces more than 15 original rankings each year, including the 100 Leading National Advertisers and 100 Leading Media Companies lists, the Digital A-List, and the annual Agency Report.